Again, thank you so much for your prayers. We desperately need them! May God bless!
Hi , just spent the last two days at the hospital with Bec. I didn't have a chance to get online. Quite exhausted Surgery was about 12 hours. They feel they got all of the tumor, and Caleb is now in his 5th day in PICU. We just received moments ago the path report of the tumor. It is cancerous, the tumor is called AT/RT Atypical taratoid rhaptoid tumor. He will be having chemo starting next week. The treatment is done in 4 stages and will be in hospital treatment. Stage one treatment is 2 mo of chemo. Stage two treatment is 6 weeks radiation. The survival rate now is 50 - 60%. 5 years ago it was a 10% survival rate. Becky and Rod are now at the point of deciding if they will do the 1st stage of treatment here in Milwaukee and then with the 2nd stage will go to Boston or Memphis vs all stages in Milwaukee. Basically, the next 6 mo he will be at the hospital in a bubble. He can not be exposed to any illness what so ever during the treatment. Keep praying for our little guy. He is in a lot of pain. We are trying to keep pain under control, but difficult with an infant since he cannot speak. The surgery paralyzed one vocal chord, and he cannot swallow so there is a lot of breathing treatment. He is off the ventilator, which is good. Please forward this info to those I know and do not have on this list, I don't have everyone on my list since I had problems with someone getting all the info from my address book. I had deleted all my contacts. Keep praying, we are being optimistic and will put up a fight. Love, Sandy
Spirit, please watch over this child and his needs, watch over his frantic parents and his caregivers as well.