Folk Names: Dew of the Sea, Incensier, Sea Dew, Ros Maris,
Rosemarine, Rosemarie, Guardrobe

Planet: Sun

Element: Fire

Part Used: The herb

Basic Powers: Purification, love, intellectual,
protective.

Specific Uses: Add to all purification bath sachets, love
incenses, exorcism mixtures and protection incenses. Wear a chaplet of rosemary to aid the memory. Hung up it wards off thieves. It has connections with the
sea and so is used in all sea-rituals, as well as in sachets designed to ensure a safe, easy passage on the water. A good protective sachet for boat or ship
passengers can be made of of rosemary, garlic (to stop storms) and mistletoe (to guard against lightning storms). Make a simple of rosemary and use it to
cleanse the hands before working magic, if you have no time for the regular ritual bath. Drink rosemary tea just before a test or exam to ensure that the mind
is fully awake and functioning. Include a sprig in protection sachets of all kinds. It is often used to form a protection wreath. Burn rosemary and juniper as
a healing and recuperation incense.

From Paul Beyerl "The Master Book of
Herbalism"

This is the herbe that even Shakespeare says is for
'rememberance'. This herbe is capable of increasing the power of memory, and is also brought into use when a particular occasion merits special
remembering.

In some places, all guests to a wedding are greeted with a branch
of Rosemary. Some say it should be decorated with gold and ribbon, others, more practical, leave out the gold. Grieve also tells of taking the branch of
Rosemary and dipping it into a mixture of herbal oil, perfume and water, and the Rosemary then being woven into the bride's
wreath.

Rosemary has also been used as a Funeral Herbe. It has sometimes
been mixed into the incense for the ceremony, and has often been cast upon the coffin, when it is slowly lowered into the burial place. Thus we will all
remember with love and fondness the one who is passing into another life, and thus will we also remember that we inhabit mortal bodies as we walk the earth.
For a long time Rosemary was a symbol of cemetaries and funerals, and seeing it grown or worn would bring to mind the loved ones who had passed beyond.

As a Magickal Herbe, Rosemary is used as a religious incense, and
will enhance the sacredness of any occasion. It is an Herbe of Protection against evil, and has been used as incense in places of illness, mixed with juniper,
to cleans and purify the air. It is sometimes placed beneath the bed, and this is said to protect you from frightening and evil dreams. It was chosen by
Solomon for his aspurger so that these qualities would work their magick when he sprinkled holy water about his
temple.

Rosemary has been worn when going to face enemies, and might be an
excellent herbe to use for fortification when going on job interviews. It is also wonderful to use as a Greene Herbe at family
gatherings.
~Wan-Tanna-Hey: "Walk In Peace With Spirit"~

~To Be A Feather In Spirit's Wing~

~Experience Is A Master Teacher~

CinnamonMoon
Spirit Keeper

08 Sep 2007, 16:46 #2

Comments and link from BeWater:

Thanks for the Rosemary article!

I love Rosemary, and it was soooo ironic to see your article today because less than an hour ago I was thinking about how much I love it and that I need to
get some more (essential oil). I add it to my lotions (great for skin) and to some hair products.
The smell is out of this world! There's a shampoo and
conditioner I like to use that's sort of costly, but they're well worth the price ~ my hair seems to say, "Aaahhhh" whenever I use it, and it
grows like shiny weed!

Here's more information, if you want to add to what you've put in the Healing Library: Rosemary
Last edited by CinnamonMoon on 08 Sep 2007, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
~Wan-Tanna-Hey: "Walk In Peace With Spirit"~

~To Be A Feather In Spirit's Wing~

~Experience Is A Master Teacher~